The mansion of Kyr-Yiannakis Nantzis is located in the Doultso district, in the vicinity of the church of Ayios Nikolaos, and must have been built around 1750. A painting in the wood-paneled room on the second floor bears the date 1796.
Kastoria, Nantzis mansion, 1750
The arrangement of the rooms and the plan of the house are especially unusual. The ground floor has a porch supported by three columns. An outdoor staircase that closes with a trapdoor provides access to the first floor.
Wall-paintings with plant motifs combined with buildings are preserved in a small vaulted room with the varnished and painted ceiling. The rooms with the most extravagant decoration are the 'doxatos' and the 'kalos ondas' on the second floor, which are presided over by a painting of Constantinople amidst images from the plant and animal kingdoms (birds, lions), which are repeated in the wood carvings.